Born to Learn from Born to Learn on Vimeo.
I first came across Born to Learn by watching the video above. I was even more impressed with the information found on their website. Here are but a few points they make:
- Profound truths are often so unsettling that people lose themselves in lengthy explanations that ultimately confuse, rather than clarify.
- it is not people’s ignorance you need to fear, it’s what they know which darned well ain’t true any longer that causes all the difficulties
- Most of today’s schools are based on the assumption that children are born to be taught, rather than to learn.
- Young people need to be given the confidence to manage their own learning by collaborating with colleagues as appropriate, and using a range of resources and learning opportunities.
- If the wrong model of learning is applied…no country will ever get the results it seeks.
And perhaps my favorite of the whole bunch:
Adolescence isn't a problem - it's an opportunity